Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Started class, and some photos.

So...Montpellier, eh? This place is pretty amazing. The weather has been perfect. Sunny, warm, and breezy. We've had the windows open in class all day, and I keep my window open in my room when I am in it.

Class has been enjoyable (granted it has only been two days so far). My instructor is a British man named Huge, and my classmates are Welsh, Canadian, French-American, and Russian, all of whom are great people. We start teaching in a private high school next week...something I am dreading given past experiences I have had with French high schoolers...

I found a place to live for May and June, thankfully! It is half the price of the rent I paid for this month, and I will have my own kitchen. I can't wait to take photos of this place, it makes my current apartment look pathetic in comparison. This means no more OCD landlady! (Seriously though, this woman could use a psychotherapist.) Okay, here are some photos!

My current room:

The stairway inside my apartment building:

A church near my building...

The church again...



An old bath...

I need to take more photos of these, but every time I see a new one, I smile. I love Exit Through the Gift Shop. I've found three space invaders so far!

My walk home from school...

Walking home from school through the park where I rollerskate...




Place de la Comédie



One of the many cafés next to my place...

I miss my scooter!!!

La préfecture...

If you turn left from this road...

You see this little alley...

And if you go down that alley, you'll find my giant door.

Inside my building! (or at least my building until the end of the month!) For scale, that little white mailbox is at eye level for me, and that door is HEAVY.

Hope you liked them! I'll write more next time...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate! I love the pictures! I hope you are having tons of fun! I miss you bunche and am DEFINITELY living vicariously through you!

Love,

Colton

dpukat said...

beautiful! looks amazing...as if we expected any less. France > everywhere else. bisous! la petite Kat

The Pumpkin said...

Looks amazing! You are living the dream lady! I can't wait to read more of your posts and see more pictures :)